|Día||Tema||Tarea||Fecha de entrega|
|Lunes||La Tierra y sus características||
|Jueves||La Tierra y sus características||
THIS IS OUR LAST WEEK TOGETHER!!!!
We will finish our presentations by Tuesday.
We will discuss in class the checkout list.
HELLO! WE HAVE A NEW PROJECT FOR THE WEEK.
WONDERS OF THE WORLD PROJECT
This will be an exciting, creative, and “wonder”ful experience.
You will discover, research and make a presentation on one of the great wonders of the world!!! Here is what you need to know.
Research your wonder and find out the 5W’s and H of it all. This means:
1. Who found or discovered or created it?
2. What was its purpose or meaning or significance?
3. Where is/was it found?
4. When was it first found/created?
5. Why is it important/a wonder?
6. How was it discovered/created?
After the research, you will create a presentation via google slides. Your presentation should have:
1. Name of the wonder
2. Your name
3. Images (make sure you give appropriate credit)
4. There should be little to no text in your presentation as you will present to your group.
5. Do not forget to follow the rubric.
DUE DATE: Monday, May 28
We continue working in your project.
DUE DATE: Friday, May 11 by the end of the period.
At this point, you should be done with the research part of the project and you should be working in your poster.
Do not forget to work based on the rubric provided.
HELLO! WELCOME BACK TO A NEW WEEK!
Today is your deadline to submit your travel brochure. I already have some of the brochures. Your grade will be posted on Tuesday, April 24 the latest.
You will also have the retake of last week’s test.
We will begin a new project. For this project, I will provide the cardboard needed for the project and you will need markers, crayons, and/or colored pencils. You may print from the internet as long as you cite the source, as it is part of the rubric.
This new project is due: FRIDAY, MAY 11
We will discuss the project, rubric, and expectations in class. The description and rubric can be found in the following link:
This is our last week to complete the travel brochure.
Checkpoint # 2 – Tuesday, April 17
Checkpoint # 3 – Thursday, April 19
KIDSATHLETICS – Friday, April 20 from 8:00 – 12:00
Project due date – Monday, April 23 (NEW DATE)
Oceania retake test – Monday, April 23
New project – Poster. The guidelines and rubric will be carefully discussed after the test on Monday.
This week we will work on a travel guide on Oceania.
We will also have a test on the content covered last week (date to be discussed in class and will be posted in the HW calendar)
Due date: Friday, April 20
TRAVEL BROCHURE PROJECT
Name of your country:
You are a travel agent. Your job is to excite people and get them interested in wanting to travel to a country. Be creative and have fun! The brochure needs to be in booklet type version (made of construction paper). And each section needs to be clearly labeled.
All information must be handwritten. You may get some pictures from the internet (i.e. flag and map).
Your brochure must contain all the following items:
- Front page of your booklet – name of the country and your name
- Flag of the country
- Map of the country – including the capital city and 3 other major cities
- Physical features – illustrate and write a description that includes at least 3 landforms
- Natural resources – list and illustrate at least 3 and explain how they are used
- Government – describe the type, system, leaders, etc.
- Places to visit – list and illustrate 3 cool places and explain the importance
- Climate – when would be the best time to visit? Write a description of the climate
- Economy – write and illustrate the country’s economic system, import and export products, literacy rate, etc.
- Environmental concerns – write a paragraph about some problems the environment is facing.
- Ethnic groups – illustrate and describe the local ethnic groups
WE ARE 5 DAYS WAYS FROM OUT WELL DESERVED EASTER BREAK!
WE WILL FINISH OUT PROJECT ON ASIA.
DUE DATE – FRIDAY, MARCH 23
WE CONTINUE WORKING IN OUR ASIAN COUNTRIES PROJECT.
OUR GOAL IS TO FINISH BY FRIDAY, MARCH 23
FIRST CHECKPOINT – MONDAY, MARCH 12
VOCABULARY QUIZ – TO BE DISCUSSED
GOOD LUCK TO OUR AASCA SPORTSMANSHIP FESTIVAL PARTICIPANTS!!
This week we will focus on general facts of Hinduism and Buddhism.
We will also continue to study facts about Asia via google classroom.
Next week, we will begin our big project (we will work for 2 weeks: March 12 – 16, and March 19 – 23) in the Information Center. If you have your device, please bring it to school. Make sure you can access your Google Drive with it.
Then we will have Semana Santa break.