Genetics Interactive Websites-
Test Cross Worksheet
Goat Family CER
Punnett Square Worksheet- Due Wed, May 29th
pg. 140 (16, 22-24)- Due Thurs, May 30th
Genetics Review- Due Fri, May 31st
Paper Pets- due Mon, May 27th (at the end of class)
Genetics Test- Fri, May 31st
Discover Activity- pg. 110- Due Mon, May 20th
Watch Videos & Complete Mendel’s Experiment Activity- Due Wed, May 22nd
Finish Vocabulary Flipcards- Due Thurs, May 23rd
Project: Paper Pets
Topic: Cell Division
Mitosis Wkst- Due Tues, May 14th
pg. 130 (1 and 2)-Due Thurs, May 16th
Cell Division Review- Due Fri, May 17th
Mitosis Model Project (see rubric below)- Due by the end of class on Mon, May 13th
Cell Division Test- Fri, May 17th
Topics: Life Cycles & Cell Division
Onion Root Tip Mircoscopic Viewing
Brain POP Video & Quiz
Life Cycle Review (see below)- Due Mon, May 6th
pg. 102 (1)- Due Fri, May 10th
Mitosis Models (see rubric below)- Due Mon, May 13th (at the end of class)
Life Cycle Test- Mon, May 6th
Life Cycle Unit Review
- Define life cycle.
- Using the terms – reproduction, death, growth, and birth – make a generalized life cycle.
- Differentiate between asexual and sexual reproduction.
- Define the following terms: meiosis, mitosis, gamete, spore, fertilization
- During the plant’s life cycle, the sporophyte stage reproduces in what way?
- During the plant’s life cycle, the gametophyte stage reproduces in what way?
- In order for sexual reproduction to occur, organisms must go through meiosis. Explain why.
- At the end of the meiosis process, the cells only have one copy of the DNA. What are these cells called?
- What is a zygote? How is it formed?
- As a result of sexual reproduction, each parent gives the offspring ________ of its DNA, resulting in the offspring having _________ of DNA. The cells at the end of this process are called
** Skill- Interpretation of the life cycles. See Life Cycle Worksheet for samples.
Topics: Life Cycle
Plant Life Cycle Wkst- Due Thurs, May 2nd
Life Cycle Review- Due Fri, May 3rd
Life Cycle Test- Fri, May 3rd
Topic: Life Cycles
pg. 255 (4)- Due Fri, April 26th
Topic: Populations & Communities
Natural Selection Coloring
Populations & Communities Review- Due Fri, April 12th
Bird Beak Natural Selection Lab- Due Thurs, April 11th
Populations & Communities Test- Fri, April 12th
Topics: Science Fair and Populations & Communities
Science Fair Packet- Presentation Outline
Science Fair Packet- Display Board Planning Sheet & Print Pictures- Due Mon, March 25th
Type Purpose, Hypothesis, Data Table, Variables- Due Tues, March 26th
pg. 718 (2)- Due Mon, March 25th
pg. 718 (3)- Due Thurs, March 28th
Practice Presentation- Tues, March 26th- Sun, March 31st- Each day
Print Research Paper and Place in Folder & Display Board Complete- Mon, April 1st
Science Fair Presentations: ** Students must bring dress clothes for the day of the presentation and the day of Science Fair
Adriana, Gabriel, Florencia, Isabel- Mon, April 1st
Yahani, Michelle, Sharon, Andres- Tues, April 2nd
Sofia, Alessandra, Isabella, Cecilia- Wed, April 3rd
Camila, Nikola, Mia- Thurs, April 4th
Science Fair- Fri, April 5th- 1:30-3:00 PM
Topic: Populations & Communities and Science Fair
** Bring materials for the display board
Counting Population Wkst.
Mark & Recapture Simulation
Wolf Turf Game
Read pg. 714- Identify the four factors that influence population size & how they do so- Due Fri, March 22nd
Do pg. 718 (2)- Due Mon, March 25th
Topic: Ecosystems & Biomes and Science Fair
Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration Cycling Model
Carbon Cycle Game
Ecosystems & Biomes Review- Due Wed, March 13th
Final Draft of Research Paper- Due Tues March 12th
Ecosystems & Biomes Test- Thurs, March 14th