Topics: Life Cycles & Cell Division
Onion Root Tip Mircoscopic Viewing
Brain POP Video & Quiz
Life Cycle Review (see below)- Due Mon, May 6th
pg. 102 (1)- Due Fri, May 10th
Mitosis Models (see rubric below)- Due Mon, May 13th (at the end of class)
Life Cycle Test- Mon, May 6th
Life Cycle Unit Review
- Define life cycle.
- Using the terms – reproduction, death, growth, and birth – make a generalized life cycle.
- Differentiate between asexual and sexual reproduction.
- Define the following terms: meiosis, mitosis, gamete, spore, fertilization
- During the plant’s life cycle, the sporophyte stage reproduces in what way?
- During the plant’s life cycle, the gametophyte stage reproduces in what way?
- In order for sexual reproduction to occur, organisms must go through meiosis. Explain why.
- At the end of the meiosis process, the cells only have one copy of the DNA. What are these cells called?
- What is a zygote? How is it formed?
- As a result of sexual reproduction, each parent gives the offspring ________ of its DNA, resulting in the offspring having _________ of DNA. The cells at the end of this process are called
** Skill- Interpretation of the life cycles. See Life Cycle Worksheet for samples.