This week we will work on a travel guide on Oceania.
We will also have a test on the content covered last week (date to be discussed in class and will be posted in the HW calendar)
Due date: Friday, April 20
TRAVEL BROCHURE PROJECT
Name of your country:
You are a travel agent. Your job is to excite people and get them interested in wanting to travel to a country. Be creative and have fun! The brochure needs to be in booklet type version (made of construction paper). And each section needs to be clearly labeled.
All information must be handwritten. You may get some pictures from the internet (i.e. flag and map).
Your brochure must contain all the following items:
- Front page of your booklet – name of the country and your name
- Flag of the country
- Map of the country – including the capital city and 3 other major cities
- Physical features – illustrate and write a description that includes at least 3 landforms
- Natural resources – list and illustrate at least 3 and explain how they are used
- Government – describe the type, system, leaders, etc.
- Places to visit – list and illustrate 3 cool places and explain the importance
- Climate – when would be the best time to visit? Write a description of the climate
- Economy – write and illustrate the country’s economic system, import and export products, literacy rate, etc.
- Environmental concerns – write a paragraph about some problems the environment is facing.
- Ethnic groups – illustrate and describe the local ethnic groups